Hospital Cleaning & General Cleaning are NOT the Exact Same Thing
There is much more than ‘making certain things look clean’ that goes into any type of healthcare cleaning, especially today amid a global pandemic. Not to discount a clean-looking building but the key objective of any successful medical cleaning service needs to be to take preventative actions against Healthcare Acquired Infections (HAIs) and all infectious illnesses. Medical disinfection providers can even add another layer of protection.
Addressing this problem successfully helps build trust and a good reputation among patients, families, and friends and helps safeguard their health. Regardless of how big or small your cleaning budget may be, these dollars are likely to impact virtually every part of your building. Your patients need to feel safe inside of health center, do not settle for a hospital cleaning service that isn’t likely to take it seriously.
Supplying Healthcare Cleaning Services Requires Expertise, a Lot of it
It may seem like common sense, but maybe not every cleaning service is designed to handle the special and unbending requirements of medical cleaning. Regardless of the type of facility, if it is a hospital, surgical center, practice, or an ambulatory center, you more than any other center requires a solid, experienced cleaning program. Medical disinfection services can offer an elevated amount of clean. Companies like cleaning services Dallas that take their work seriously and who have years of experience to back up their tried and true methods share several qualities in common:
- They care about who they put inside your facility. This means that they take screening and recruiting seriously and have a strong training and certification program to back it up.
- An emphasis is placed on accountability and reliability. Their systematic and well-thought-out approach to management keeps individuals responsible and addresses issues proactively.
- They know your construction as well as you do. This usually means a site inspection and building-specific training to make sure that your needs are well met.
On top of this, the company you associate with should be an expert medical industry professional. The distinction between general and medical cleaning is essential, acquiring a business that knows what they are doing could mean life or death for your patients. Not just anyone can provide medical disinfection services that offer the reassurance that we need right now as we get back to work.
Outsourcing to a Professional Medical Cleaning Company is Advantageous
On many occasions, we have seen Facility Managers concentrate on finding an industry professional and turn into in-house cleaning for a solution. After all, how hard could running a medical cleaning service be? Very hard is the answer. It is the task of any cleaning service to make sure a building runs smoothly and that said building is well taken care of no matter what comes up. Unless your at-home cleansing service occurs to get years of healthcare cleaning experience and enough cash to back all the required gear, chemical solutions and training will get the opposite of smooth. It doesn’t even pose a significant financial advantage to you in any case.
One of the main reasons to outsource is to help reduce costs, minimize the number of issues you have to be involved in, and also to help shield you from a third-party lawsuit. Past the savings outsourcing provides, acquiring an experienced company backing you is going to improve your patients’ safety, client support, HCAHPS scores along with your infection control combined with closely observing your business-related industry regulations. And right now, during the global pandemic, folks love assurances that the spaces they move about in are truly clean.
Cost Should Never Be Your Just Focus
Outsourcing will probably save you money, especially if you have a large medical facility, but this isn’t the primary reason to consider it. If your ‘cost-saving measures’ are clipping into your service that you need a new solution. In a medical environment, the principal goal always needs to be protecting patients and developing a wholesome, well-maintained environment. If your cleaning company cannot handle both then they aren’t suited for healthcare cleaning. Knowing how to supply an excellent service for an affordable price in the hospital cleaning company requires years of experience and a commitment to continuously improving and innovating. Your business veterans are not likely to be the cheapest, but they know how to perform their job right while still supplying you with real worth.
Companies Vary, but the Cream of the Crop has the Same Traits in Common
Some particulars place healthcare cleaning companies apart from the rest of the market. Each company is somewhat different and specialty services will vary widely across companies of different places and sizes, but they will always look the same in these regards.
- Regulatory Practices: Every professional medical cleaning will be current on compliance training for OSHA, HIPPA, and Bloodborne pathogens. This means the right training and comprehensive comprehension of exactly what regulations apply to each facility and how they need to be observed. Many of these companies like Allied Facility Care will take the extra step and align their practices with industry best practices outlined by the CIMS certification. Likewise, with covid-19, medical cleaning companies should also be up to date on the ever-changing requirements.
- Proper Chemical Usage: The chemicals used to clean the facility must be correctly stored and used. This usually means an intimate knowledge of disinfecting plans and a comprehension of which compound solutions are effective for which tasks. For example, utilizing EPA-approved spore killing disinfectant agents as necessary and utilizing EPA approved chemicals to goal covid-19.
- People Practices: Businesses that understand what they do go out of the way to back and train their most important resource, their employees. This means lower than average worker turnover, competitive pay and benefits, solid screening, training and management techniques, and of course regular inspections to make sure everything is operating smoothly.
- Experience: Any health care cleaning service worth its salt needs to have lots of documented work experience on additional reports. If they aren’t prepared to do the job, you are going to run into problems.
Partnering with the Right Industry Professional for Your Work
Will a large janitorial marketplace, it will always be challenging to find a medical cleaning service that does the ideal job for the correct price. You, like many other Facility Managers on the market, are likely wondering where a good place to start might be. Just how many companies offering such a service exist on the market and how long might it take to find them?
Here at Allied Facility Care, we work with businesses in Dallas, Texas to help give you a cheap, quality cleaning plan that’s custom fit to your facility. You deserve to have a trusted medical cleaning service, medical disinfection services, and your patients deserve to have a tidy, well-maintained medical building.
Allied Facility Care is a complete facility care company. Allied specializes in janitorial, landscaping, and maintenance solutions.